Being “Green” is so very popular today and what better way to get on the bandwagon than to have a “green event ”. Here at Windbeam Farm (which is very green !) we have been recycling, remodeling, reusing and reducing since 1976 and we’re pretty good at it.
A “green event” doesn’t mean that it’s all compost and biodegradables. What it means is that we, and you, are thoughtful about what is reusable, what is recyclable, what you can make yourself, etc. Here is a list of some of the green things we can do for you:
- We rent the expensive items from a local company
- We use linen tablecloths, glass dinnerware and real flatware
- Our water comes from our own deep well and is delicious so you don’t need plastic water bottles
- Our outdoor lighting is a combination of solar, citronella torches and holiday icicle lights to minimize the electric use (and have a cozier setting)
- Of course we provide recycling bins!
- Raising a large variety of pesticide-free cut flowers allows us to create colorful, inexpensive bouquets, corsages and table vases with nothing flown in from Amsterdam
- There is a shuttle service available to get your guests to and from their hotel safely, using less fuel
- We recommend local caterers, photographers, bakers, etc.
And here are some things you can do to be more eco-friendly:
- Choose eco-friendly gifts or suggest gift alternatives to your guests
- Make your own recycled invitations
- Offset your carbon footprint and encourage your guests to do so also
www.canvastoclay.com - gift ideas